We're committed to serving our communities through COVID-19!
We are committed to keeping our volunteers safe as we work together to continue feeding our communities. If you or your family members are having flu, cold, or virus symptoms, we ask that you help us protect our community and stay home.
Here are the steps we are taking to protect our volunteers, clients, and staff against COVID-19:
- Conducting a brief screening when you arrive, including taking your temperature with a contactless forehead thermometer
- Asking that you wash your hands with soap and water before volunteering and use gloves at all times
- Continuing social distancing measures, including limiting the number of volunteers per shift
- Providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes and solutions, and tissues
- Cleaning and sanitizing of the entire Food Bank, including the volunteer area tables, door handles, sink handles, and other frequently touched surfaces hourly
How You Can Help
To support South Michigan Food Bank and supply our neighbors with food needed now more than ever, you can: