We are dedicated to supporting our community throughout the Coronavirus pandemic.
We are committed to keeping our volunteers safe as we work together to continue feeding our communities. If you or your family members are having flu, cold, or virus symptoms, we ask that you help us protect our community and stay home.
Here are the steps we are taking to protect our volunteers, clients, and staff against COVID-19:
- Conducting a brief screening when you arrive, including taking your temperature with a contactless forehead thermometer
- Asking that you wash your hands with soap and water before volunteering and use gloves at all times
- Continuing social distancing measures, including limiting the number of volunteers per shift
- Providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers, cleaning wipes and solutions, and tissues
- Cleaning and sanitizing of the entire Food Bank, including the volunteer area tables, door handles, sink handles, and other frequently touched surfaces hourly
Agency Extending Hours
- Son-Shine Ministries, Quincy — Open to all Branch County residents Monday – Thursday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Branch Area Food Pantry, Coldwater — New hours Tuesdays 10:00 am – 2:00 pm and Thursdays 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Neighborhood Pantry Association North East, Battle Creek — Open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9:00 am – 11:45 am.
- Sherman Lake, Galesburg/Augusta — Camp is closed, will have drive-through food distributions available. More information to come.
- Fresh Food Distribution Valley Family Church — Increasing from one distribution per month to every week Tuesdays 5:30 – 7:30 starting March 24th.
- Fresh Food Distribution First United Methodist Church, Jackson — Now open!
- Spring Arbor Pantry, Jackson — Now open!
- Fresh Food Distribution Tecumseh United Methodist Church, Tecumseh — Now open!
St. Joseph County
- ECN/White Pigeon, White Pigeon — Reopen!
- Three Rivers Food Site, Three Rivers — Serving normal hours.
- Fabius Township Fire Department Fresh Food Distribution, Three Rivers — Serving at Three Rivers High School.
- FFD Orangeville, Shelbyville — Closed until further notice.
- Upton Avenue Original Church of God, Battle Creek — Closed until further notice.
- Early Childhood Connections/CISD, Battle Creek — Closed until further notice.
- Share Center, Battle Creek — Drop-in center closed; continuing to provide to-go meals.
- Community Missionary Baptist Church, Battle Creek — Church closed, call in need of emergency food box.
- Urbandale Neighborhood Pantry, Battle Creek — Pantry closed.
- Urban League of Battle Creek, Battle Creek — Program closed until further notice.
- Rives Baptist Church Pantry, Rives — closed until further notice.
- Otsego School District, Otsego — Closed until further notice.
- Housing Resources, Kalamazoo — Pantry closed.
- St. Mary's Catholic Church, Kalamazoo — Greater Open Door Pantry closed until further notice.
St. Joseph County
- United Community Assistance Program, Three Rivers — By phone only.
How You Can Help
To support South Michigan Food Bank and supply our neighbors with food needed now more than ever, you can: